How to approach a casting director in Bollywood?
HOW TO APPROACH A CASTING DIRECTOR IN BOLLYWOOD?
If any youth has a dream of pursuing a career in acting they must move to Mumbai first and give auditions. For giving auditions, every youth must approach the casting directors of Bollywood. Let’s have a look at how every peer can approach the casting directors of Bollywood.
· Make a list of all the casting directors who live in Mumbai and send your profile video to each one of them.
· Youth also can directly visit every casting director's office and give their auditions.
· Youths must interact with the casting directors depending on their behavior or other work. If they are busy, the youth must not disturb the casting directors which might result in not being able to get work.
· Every youth must frequently visit the casting directors so they get noticed by them. Once the peer gets noticed by the casting directors, every youth will get easier to get work in Bollywood.
· If any youth has ever played any role in college or any acting institute, the youth should send their performance video to the casting directors to make them impressed by their performance.
HOW TO SEND PROFILES TO THE CASTING DIRECTORS?
Sending profiles for getting selected for any movie or TV serial is a must for every casting director. The process of how those profiles should be presented and how to send these profiles to the casting directors is as follows-:
· Giving a self-introduction and preparing it soulfully is a must. Self -introduction of every youth is a very vital part as it depicts the overall impression of the youth. Every youth must know how to prepare and deliver their self-introduction in front of the casting directors or the production house. In the introduction video, the peer must present their name, height, age, experience, mobile number, and left and right profile.
· Every youth must present their monologues which comprises of negative shade, comedy shade, serious shade, romantic shade, etc.
· Youth must also e-mail their complete information to the casting directors.
· Attach every link to your profile video and monologues along with the email so that you create a good impression in front of the casting director.
· Youth must also mention their known languages and their native languages.
· In the subject option in a mail, every youth must fill their respective impressive subject so that the casting director fixes their eye on that particular mail itself.
CASTING PROCESS OF CASTING DIRECTORS-:
For every audition and selection process of actors, every director must assign a casting director who shall cast the best and most deserving actor for a particular role. The casting director takes auditions of each youth and finally selects the youth for a role in film or television series. Let’s have an outlook on the process of casting directors of their casting process.
· Casting directors go through with the storyline of the film and assume the number of characters.
· Whenever a youth gives their introduction video, it becomes easier for the casting director to select the youths for the auditions depending upon their age, height, and appearance for different roles.
· Casting director sends more than 5 options of youths for a particular role to the director.
· For every character, the casting director takes auditions of every youth.
· Casting directors shortlist confident and positive attitude youths who seem to be very much towards their performance.
· Casting directors also consider the actor's availability, fees, and the amount of box office buzz they are going to create.
· Casting director's role is to know the talent that’s out there so that they can attend theatre productions and graduation shows to spot potential actors.
· Casting directors also organize auditions of every youth and look at their headshots, demos, and reels.
· They present a selection of youths to the producer and directors and together conclude with their final decision.
· The Casting directors also involves in negotiating actors’ deal points or conditions which they put into casting advice notes or deal demos.
· Finally the production team draws up the actual contract with the actor’s agent and this sums up the casting process.
peers who cannot go directly to New Delhi or Mumbai and give their auditions
can give their auditions online mode. With the Struggler platform, many aspiring
actors can improve their acting skills with known actors, casting
directors, and producers. The Struggler offers two forms of courses which
includes an online acting course and online audition updates. Through online
acting courses, any aspiring actor can learn various forms of acting, crack
live auditions, and gets feedback from the casting directors quite easily and
effectively whereas online audition updates include daily audition updates from
the casting directors which leads them to prepare themselves much more
efficiently and helps them to polish their talents in a new way.
For more information, feel free to visit our website www.thestruggler.in
Blog writer- Ms Nandita Dhar