How does an outsider gets work in Bollywood?
HOW DOES AN OUTSIDER GET WORK IN MUMBAI?
Many actors who belong to a star family intend to get work easily in Bollywood. Star kids like Ananya Pandey, Shraddha Kapoor, Jahnvi Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, etc every of them got their work easily because of their families who were popular celebrities in Bollywood. But outsiders like Rajkumar Rao, Vicky Kaushal, Anushka Sharma, and Katrina Kaif worked and struggle harder to get one project in Bollywood. Outsiders need many recognition, talents, and skills for getting a junior artist role in a film. Let’s have an outlook on how outsiders get work in Bollywood.
· Outsiders must have great talent and showcase their talents during their auditions to get work easily.
· They must practice and improvise their acting skills to get noticed by the directors and the production houses easily.
In today’s era, famous Bollywood stars like Shah Rukh Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Ayushmann Khurana, Kangana Ranaut, Pankaj Tripathi, Kartik Aryan, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, and directors like Anurag Basu and Anurag Kashyap, etc don’t belong from Bollywood but they are famous worldwide in the Bollywood industry for their excellent performance and acting skills. Each one of them has struggled a lot to reach this height of success. It is not true that the outsiders who come to establish themselves as actors in Bollywood get step-motherly treatment and don’t get work. Many new faces in the industry get good quality work in both films and web series because they have got inborn talent. Similarly, if any aspiring actor has got the talent, he/she will eventually get work very easily in Bollywood. Though it will not happen overnight or by a cakewalk journey by working on yourself, self-marketing, hard work, and perseverance will help every aspiring actor to become a successful actor in Bollywood.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS OF EVERY OUTSIDER GETTING WORK IN BOLLYWOOD-:
For being able to pursue his/her dream career in acting, every youth has to move to Mumbai to give auditions in front of casting directors and production houses. Here are a few outlooks of the outsiders on how they can easily get into Bollywood:
· Having a passion for every profession is a mandatory thing. Being a pessimistic person helps every youth reach their ultimate goal of becoming a successful actor.
· Learning every course is very important. The foremost important thing in becoming an actor is to learn basic acting and camera acting skills from a renowned acting studio.
· Being determined to achieve the goal every youth wants is a must. Every youth must have a firm determination that they will be successful in fulfilling their dreams and will never look back.
· Giving auditions daily is a mandate for every individual. It helps the youth to get into Bollywood faster.
Youths who are interested to join acting institutes in Mumbai must stay which offers to have reasonable hotels and PGs. One can easily give their auditions in Andheri West where all the auditions take place. Youths can find their own rented houses or PGs in Versova which is very near Aram Nagar, Andheri West.
WHERE DO AUDITIONS TAKE PLACE IN MUMBAI?
· Aram Nagar- Every casting director institutes like Mukesh Chhabra, Kunal M Shah, and Shruti Mahajan takes auditions which first start with an introduction, then look test and if any youth gets selected in both of these tests, he/she will be given a script where they have to give their final auditions. Once the final selection is of the youths, they can proceed with their shoots for television or films.
· Mahda - Each shoot related to ADs of commercial products is done here. AD’s studio and offices are located here which is beneficial for every youth to carry forward with their auditions.
WHERE ARE PRODUCTION HOUSES LOCATED?
All the production houses are located in Andheri West, Mumbai like Yash Raj Films, Balaji Telefilms, television or movies, etc where most of the auditions take place.
HOW TO MEET THE CASTING DIRECTORS?
Every youth must visit the casting directors during the evening as at that moment they can easily connect with their peers. During the morning to noon timing, the assistants of all the casting directors take the auditions of every youth so it is highly recommendable to connect with the casting directors personally during the evening.
For sending the portfolios of youths, one can email at-:
PROCESS OF CRACKING BOLLYWOOD AUDITIONS-:
· Sending profile to the casting directors is mandatory for all the youths. Every youth must click a decent amount of their photographs without editing them and send them to the casting directors. The selection of youths is also incomplete without their monologues.
· Youths must introduce themselves in a very proper way and they need to approach the casting directors.
· Youths must ask smart and crisp questions about the character they will be auditioning for. This way the casting director will find out the way that the aspiring actors are quite serious about their profession.
· Youths must learn their lines before the auditions thoroughly as it helps the casting director to get impressed. Before delivering every dialect in front of the casting director, youths must be verbally prepared for it.
· Youths must be respectful towards the casting director and other crew members of the production house. There must be a breach of boundaries between the casting director and the aspiring actors.
· Aspiring actors must use their accounts smartly as whenever the casting directors see the youth profile, he/she automatically gets selected. Social media accounts help them to do their research and thereafter the casting director sends their teams to audition those youths.
· Aspiring actors should not message the casting directors incessantly as the youths think that if they keep buttering the casting directors, they will land the role someday. Those greeting card days are gone.
Many peers who cannot go directly to Mumbai and give their auditions can give their auditions online mode. The Struggler is a platform where any youth can receive information online as this platform leads the youths to get proper guidance through known actors, casting directors and producers. It has offered two forms of courses which includes an online acting course and online audition updates. Through the online acting course, any youth can learn various forms of acting, crack live auditions, and get feedback from the casting directors quite easily and effectively whereas online audition updates include daily audition updates from the casting directors, leading them to prepare themselves much more efficiently.
For more information, feel free to visit our website www.thestruggler.in
Blog writer- Ms Nandita Dhar
Blog writer- Ms Nandita Dhar